Friday, December 08, 2006

Some of my Christmas projects

So I got asked this week to share some of my recent knitted projects....so here are some pictures.

The first is a little purse I knitted and then felted for my little sister for Christmas. For those of you who don't know what I mean by felted.....have you ever accidentally shrunk a sweater in the wash? That's felting!!!!! You agitate your wool knitting in very hot water and the fibers grab onto each other and shrink up. This purse was twice the size before felting!


The next picture is one of the felted poinsettia's I made. I actually have a few finishing things to do to these...but I made several and have some pins I want to put on the back so they can be pinned on to show holiday spirit. I'm giving away I think 5 of these for Christmas this year. Tey were actually made in 4 separate pieces and then felted and then attached together (you were supposed to sew but I got lazy and glued!).


Hope you've enjoyed my knitting!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oo, the flowers you make would be really cute as hairpins!