Wednesday, August 06, 2008

HSBC Sucks

Okay..Monday I call HSBC to find out how to do the wire transfer. I'm told there's an automated system and to allow 24-48 hours for the wire to go through.

This morning, I call HSBC to do the wire transfer, told to use the automated system, I need the telephone access code. If I can't find that, my only option is to go directly to a branch. (and I have NO idea what this telephone access code is).

Get home, FIND the access code. Call in, actually FIND the automated system, it tells me wire transfers are not permitted with internet banking accounts. Transfers me to the third dude.

He apologizes for all the misinformation, says my ONLY option is to log onto my account and use "bankmail" ask them to overnight me a check which I'd have by Friday morning assuming they receive my mail and process it by tomorrow morning at 11am. I ask him how I know my bankmail will be received right away so that I can actually GET the check by Friday AM, and not get a "we'll reply within 48 hours type message" and he tells me there is no delay and they reply right away. I ask is there anyway I can get someone on the phone to help me and he said no. I ask if there's a customer relations number I can call, since I'm frustrated at being told 3 different things, by 3 different people and now I'm stuck not being able to access my money in time. He tells me there's only the main number, he can forward my complaint on, but that what he's telling me is correct.

So I go online to do the "bankmail" he said, requesting a check be issued to the Title Company, and sent to me to arrive here by Friday AM, or better yet, send directly to the Title Company (which dude 3 said they won't do). Guess what message I get "we'll respond in 48 hours, if you need immediate assistance call us at..." the main fucking number!

At this point, there's not enough time to get the cash back into my Wells Fargo account so that I can do the wire transfer from there... so I think I'm totally screwed.... waiting to hear back from my realtor on what we do now...but I don't know how I'm going to be able to get the money to closing on time now...

And I'm TOTALLY closing this HSBC account when this mess is over!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when one of the bank dweebs tells you to feel free to talk to a higher-up, but that they're going to say the same thing as he/she did! They might as well tell you they're not being paid enough to care! Hope you can get this cleared up quickly!

Courtney said...

All I can say is UGH!.. you got my blood boiling and I am not even in this mess.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry, I work for a call center for a credit card company and I hear that same complaint all day every day. "You're the 3rd diff person I talked to, and you all said diff things, blah, blah, blah" It sucks to hear on my end and I know it sucks even worse to be living on your end. So anyway I just wanted to say sorry and I hope everything works out in the end.

PS. I'm Haileysmomscat from plurk not just some crazy call center worker who is stalking your blog.

Shelley said...

:) Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley, I'm struggling too getting a wire transfer from HSBC. Sent faxes, called at different times, sent secure emails, and getting different replies each time from different call centre reps.
May I ask if you eventually got your money and how long did it take? I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks, and am getting worried as I can't fly to Jersey to demand it!