Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tilted Duster and Knitmap

So first of all...for the knitters out there who read my blog (there must be one or two of you right?) do you know about Knit Map?? Its this great site where you can put in a zip code and get back all the local yarn stores in that area. And people go in and rate and comment on the stores. So if you are like me and just LOVE to check out a local yarn store whenever you are away from home check it out! There is even a special iPhone version. Oh...and I just won a skein of Socks that Rock Lightweight for commenting! YEAH!

And...this weekend I cast on the Tilted Duster...I've been coveting it since the Fall 2007 Interweave first came out. I bought the recommended yarn in a light gray colorway (poor Yarn Love was one skein short of the black otherwise I would have gone with that). Anyway, I scoped out the project on Ravelry and everyone said the top is going super fast and the skirt takes forever. Well..I must agree...I cast on Friday night and knit a bit Friday and then about 4 hours yesterday..and I've finished the back, both front pieces, and started the sleeves (done two at the same time to make sure they are the same length!). Now I just have to decide if there's enough space/time to bring them with me to Peoria this week....depends on if I stop goofing off and get this weeks paper started I guess since I need to pack, go to target, and leave to drop Elphaba at the kennel before my 6pm flight tonight.

No comments: